Falcon Audio Mpeg Player
FalcAMP CAST plugin
This plugins handles internet radios broadcasting in MP3 format.
The protocols handled here are Shoutcast and
Icecast. The MP3 decoding engine is nearly
the same than the MP3 plugin.
Plugin list |
- Falcon 030 computer
- STiK compatible TCP/IP stack
- 2.4 megs of free ram (at least 600K of ST RAM)
- Speed card are welcome !
CT1, CT2, Nemesis and AB040 are known to work perfectly
- External audio clock for uninterpolated replay
- MPEG 1, MPEG 2 and MPEG 2.5 streams are supported
- Audio layer 3 only
- Mono, Dual Channel and Stereo fully supported
Joint Stereo is still
played in mono but is nearly complete, wait a bit more :)
- Limited error recovery system made to cope with badly formatted streams
- Support for external audio clocks (CD & DAT)
- Generates a pseudo ID3 tag to display some broadcasted infos
Updated during replay when stations provides infos of course...
- Faster connection phase
- Now support Live 365 stations
However, they will still be shown as shoutcast in the fake ID3 tag
- Support for servers that don't provide the bitrate
- Fixed possible freeze that could occur when switching from a station to another
- DSP decoder now identical to the one of the MP3 plugin
- Now support redirection (but only one !)
- More stable stream handling
- Faster DSP decoder (see MP3 plugin for details)
- New title streaming used for Icecast servers. This UDP method works
well with STiK2 but not with Gluestik (no crash, but no title). Not
tested with latest Sting versions yet.
- Fixed a couple of blocking cases in case of stream loss due to the
inet traffic, however some troubles may still appear on stream restart...
- In case of signal loss, some sync error between receiving and replay can occur once the stream resumes
- Delayed volume change IS NOT a bug but it's annoying :(
- STGHOST (030 part)
Inet code, tag update, stream bufferings, scalefactor decoding, fast Huffman decoding,
clock detection, IMDCT estimation, joint-stereo precomputing, error recovery and many weeks of debugging...
- SPLASH (DSP part)
Sound system init, MFI system, DMA-DSP transfer, new requantisation, antialiasing
butterflies, IMDCT, polyphase filerbank, linear interpolation, and many more
weeks of debugging...
- Many thanks to Dan Ackerman for the help
with TCP/IP stuff and for STiK2.
Plugin list |
Coded by SPLASH and STGHOST of SECTOR ONE