Falcon Audio Mpeg Player
FalcAMP MP3 plugin
This plugin handles MP3 file replay. This is the main plugin of
FalcAMP, it was originally included into the old TTP version of FalcAMP.
The decoding kernel is still not finished, but it is rather stable and
Plugin list |
- Falcon 030 computer
- 1.8 megs of free ram (at least 16K of ST RAM)
- Speed card are welcome !
CT1, CT2, Nemesis and AB040 are known to work perfectly
- External audio clock for uninterpolated replay
- MPEG 1, MPEG 2 and MPEG 2.5 files are supported
- Audio layer 3 only
- Mono, Dual Channel and Stereo fully supported
Joint Stereo is still
played in mono but is nearly complete, wait a bit more :)
- Error recovery system made to cope with badly formatted files
No miracles on completely trashed files though !
- Support for external audio clocks (CD & DAT)
- Supports ID3 tags v1.0, 1.1, 2.2.0 and 2.3.0
- Variable & Average bitrates (VBR & ABR) are supported
Free format bitstreams aren't supported !
Well, alot of changes since previous release... They'll probably
not be all listed here though. Just main changes...
- Rewriting of buffer handling to handle in a better way buffer
underflow and end of file conditions
- Cleanup of ID3 v2 parsing, it should now display properly the genre
field and it now limits correctly the length of strings
- Some looping issues fixed
- DSP code optimised again, you might get some 44.1kHz stereo files playing
smoothly on standard falcons now :)
- Fixes in file recognition (small playlists no longer taken as mp3)
- Improved sync system, no more sound hashing caused by a too severe error recovery
- Many fixes and speedup in requantization processing
- Highly improved interpolation: faster and more accurate
- Alot of usual minor fixes as always
- the DSP decoder is up to 12% faster (with interpolation) than previous version
- Still some strange effects appearing from time to time on a few files...
- STGHOST (030 part)
File parsing, tag parsing, disk caching, scalefactor decoding, fast Huffman decoding,
clock detection, IMDCT estimation, joint-stereo precomputing, error recovery and many weeks of debugging...
- SPLASH (DSP part)
Sound system init, MFI system, DMA-DSP transfer, new requantisation, antialiasing
butterflies, IMDCT, polyphase filerbank, linear interpolation, and many more
weeks of debugging...
Plugin list |
Coded by SPLASH and STGHOST of SECTOR ONE